Summary of problem
When installing the Bright app on Windows 10+, the installation might fail due to an permissions error in Windows, and return this error message:
This is not an error with the Bright app, but can be easily fixed.
To obtain the necessary permissions, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer (Windows Key+E)
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)
- Right-click on Bright Live folder and click Properties
- Go to Security tab
- Click on Edit
- In the new dialog window, click on Administrators and then under the Allow column check the box Full Control below. Then do the same for Users.
- Click Apply and OK to apply changes. Then repeat the same steps in the remaining open dialog window.
- You may then re-attempt the install of the Bright app
If you are still having difficulty installing the Bright app, please Submit a Request.